Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rock and Roll Butterfly card

Here's another card for my Sale-a-bration card class, this weekend.  I got this sweet idea from Dawn Olchefske, loved her Butterfly Thanks card she did last month.  I knew when I saw it that I wanted to copy this great card for class, I just changed the colors to match the supplies I had.  This card features the Mixed Bunch stamp set and coordinating Blossom Punch.  It also uses the Outlined Occasions stamp set and Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper, either one is FREE this month, when you spend $50 in Stampin'Up! products.  
Contact me to attend the class and take advantage of this month's class special and Express Kit.
If you look on page 16 in the Occasions mini catalog you will see a great butterfly on the card shown, I used the same stamp for my butterfly. 
Rock and Roll Butterfly:

  • Stamp image in lighter color ink, then roll the stamps edges in darker color ink (so the light color is in the middle and the darker color is only on the edges of your stamp)
  • After using the Mixed Bunch flower stamp, punch out with the Blossom punch 
  • Cut out two of the petals, one top and one bottom to make butterfly shape 
  • Punch out solid color with Blossom Punch, and cut out two petals as well, run solid shape through Big Shot with embossing folder
  • Stamp and punch center circle, layer all three with dimensionals and put on card.

It's that easy, hope you enjoy!
I thought it would be fun to emboss the solid butterfly in back to give it some texture.  And I just love the Pleated Satin Ribbon and rhinestones for extra bling.
Supplies:
Mixed Bunch and Outlined Occasions (free w/$50 order) stamp sets, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red card stock, Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (free w/$50 order), Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral and Early Espresso inks, Stampin' Markers-Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride, Blossom Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and Big Shot, 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon - Blushing Bride, Jewels - Rhinestones, Dimensionals.

ONE MORE MONTH FOR Sale-a-bration!
Place your order, or book your workshop now to take advantage of this great sale!  Contact me to book your party.  Place an order online, or contact me to order.  
The SAB mini catalog is full of fun things to pick from, pick one SAB product for every $50 you spend!!!  Order online or contact me to place your order.

Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies or host a workshop! 
See all the Stampin'Up! promotions CLICK HERE 
(takes you to my Stampin'Up! website, check out creative projects and my calendar)
Order supplies online anytime by CLICKING HERE
Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...