Friday, July 18, 2014

Lots of Card Swaps!

Hello!  I am up to my knees in swaps!  And I cannot wait to share all the new fun ideas with you!

This is the first year I did not go to the Stampin'Up! Convention.  Sad!!  But, I still wanted to do some swaps.  That is one of my favorite things at convention is exchanging card ideas with other demonstrators.  So I signed up for card swaps through Stampin' Connection (a great resource for Stampin'Up! Demonstrators), went to a shoebox swap (bring an idea and the supplies to make it, then everyone makes everyone else's card), and organized a card swap.
I thought it would be fun to put a bunch of the cards on the floor to show.  I don't have all the new card swaps yet! But I do have some of my ideas and variations of cards for swaps, and the shoebox swaps from June and July.  But you know what happens as soon as I start putting out cards?  The cat shows up!  Right on cue, Hershey walked through them and plopped down!  I didn't even know where he was when I started doing this.  He just knows and shows up!

Luckily my friend Kate Amberg was doing some swaps for non-convention goers, and I signed up for all 4 categories on Stampin' Connection!  (Black&White, Thank You, No Greeting, and anything new in the catalog)  It's only 12 cards for each category, so no big deal, right?  This would have been a week with a lot of card making anyway before leaving for convention.  I thought I would have plenty of time to get them done.  Famous last word right.  But I DID get them done for Kate!  Just not until Tuesday afternoon and got them out in the mail for Vegas.  Wish I could have gone with the cards to Vegas.

I also signed up for Tara Bazata's Shoebox swap (it was on Monday night).  I wanted to stay busy this week, haha.  It was tons of fun, there were 9 of us, so I got to make 8 new, fun cards.  Love the ideas. There will be more stories to come on this event.

But wait, there's more!  I am also hosting a new catalog swap, these are due today, Friday.  And I have a little bit left to finish these swaps before 5 pm.

With all this fun card making I ran out of time to post projects this last week. But never fear, I will be posting LOTS of fun ideas in the coming days!  I should have taken a picture of all those cards around my feet, then you really would see how deep I was in card making.  Amazingly I came up with a lot of my own ideas this time, very little CASEing (Copy And Share Everything).  Usually I love to CASE cards, but this time I was trying to do my own ideas.

There were also a lot of announcements from Stampin'Up! this week, so I was lucky to get some of those on the blog while doing my stamping, and working, and doing all the mom things too.  It's been a good and busy 7 days!  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and please share comments on the cards you see as I get them posted.  I would love to hear from you.

Happy Stamping!!
Tammie

Paper Pumpkin Kits — fun in a box!
Visit mypaperpumpkin.com to receive a fun kit every month for only $19.95 (plus tax). 
See more on my blog post about Paper Pumpkin HERE.  Plus right now get 50% off two months on the month to month subscriptions for new subscribers!


Stampin'Up! has great SPECIALS
Check out special Stampin'Up! promotions online anytime.
Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or host a party! Order supplies online anytime... CLICK HERE

Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...