Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Bakery card

Here is one of the cards from my last card class.  I love this card!  I got the idea from Lorri Heilling last Spring, I saw her card in the Stampin' Success magazine that demonstrators get every month (filled with ideas!).  She did this great ice cream card with a pink and white awning.  So of course I had to CASE it for a class last summer  CLICK HERE to see the card we made last summer, just like Lorri's.  
When the catalog came out last July and I saw the Birthday Bakery hostess set and I knew I had to make this card.  Here we are many months later and I finally did it.  Sign up for an upcoming class to make more fun cards with me. 
Here's the inside with a few more cupcakes, and I thought the stamp set "A Word for You" has a great saying for this card too.
Here's the awning close up with folds.  You use the Word Window to get the colored stripes on the awning, how clever.
If you look closely, you can see the large red piece is scalloped and scored so it looks kind of like a shelf looking into the window.  
The white awning measures 2" x 4-1/4", score at 3/8" and 1-1/4".  Use the Scallop Edge punch along edge.  I used sticky strip to glue to the front of the card (wanted to make sure it sticks!).
Here are all 3 of the cards we made.  I will post pictures of the gift card holder later.  Contact me with questions about any of these cards or other projects.  
You can see a close up of my cupcake card, and supply list HERE.  Look for close ups of the other cards here.  
Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies or host a workshop!

See all the Stampin'Up! promotions CLICK HERE 
(takes you to my Stampin'Up! website, check out my creative projects and calendar while you are there)
Order supplies online anytime by CLICKING HERE
Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
Enjoy!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...