Friday, October 5, 2012

Triple Layer Leaf Card

I have seen these cards all over the last few months, and I saw some beautiful ideas at Convention too.  So I thought I would make some myself.  My upline Tara even posted some great directions on her blog a little while back.  Even better, I could look at her directions to see how to do it.  What do you think?
It's hard to see in the photos, but I used my Stampin' Sprizter with Shimmer Paint at the end to spray the whole card.  It has a beautiful shimmer now.  
Techniques I used were rock-n-roll and stamp off.  This was one of the cards I did for my Fall Card Class, see the other cards HERE.

  • LIGHTLY anchor the cardstock pieces together.  It doesn't matter how you line them up, straight or offset, it should work great.
  • Use just a little bit of Snail Adhesive in the center of each layer to hold them together (just a little bit!).
  • Begin by stamping the greeting.  It's easy to run out of space for your greeting once you get going with the stamping, so stamp your greeting first!
  • Then stamp larger image(s).
  • Repeat with remaining images and/or colors until the whole stack is stamped.
  • If you are going to emboss the layers DO NOT SEPARATE THE LAYERS YET!  I did not do that on this card, but I can't wait to try it!
  • You can run the layers through the Big Shot (yes all 3 together) with an embossing folder to give it texture.  But they have to go through together so the texture lines up.
  • Now separate the layers and attach each to the coordinating cardstock.  The colored card stock that completes each layer will hide the "gap" that appear around each one.  
  • Embellish and pop up the layer and attach all three sections back together so the stamped design lines up.
Supplies:  French Foliage and Friendly Phrases stamp sets, Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze card stock, More Than Mustard, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede classic inks, Rhinestone Jewels and Snail Adhesive.  


Stampin'Up! has great SPECIALS
Check out them out HERE
Dates: October 1-31, 2012

Promotion Details:   
It's only October, but Stampin' Claus is coming to town! Get a FREE Festive Paper-Piercing Pack when you purchase the Ornament Keepsakes Set and Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper.


Any time is a great time to order Stampin'Up! supplies 
or host a party! 


See all the Stampin'Up! promotions CLICK HERE 
Order supplies online anytime by CLICKING HERE
Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...