Saturday, June 18, 2016

CASED In Color Butterfly Card and a Fun Technique

I saw a beautiful card form Dawn Olchefske using some of the new Stampin'Up! In Color 2016-2018.  Well, I thought I just have to share this great card at my Open House, so I copied it!  Thanks Dawn for a wonderful card!  

When I was making card samples for the Open House I thought it would be fun to stamp off some of the color on my envelope and that is when I found this fun extra detail!  I stamped the Flirty Flamingo on the card, then stamped again on the envelope without re-inking, thinking I would just get a lighter color, but was happy to see the butterfly image showed up too!  So after that I was stamping the card, and then the envelope for all and showing my guests the same thing.  

First use your Big Shot and the Butterfly Thinlits Dies, then use a Mini Glue Dot to adhere to the card front.  Stamp Peekaboo Peach, then stamp again on the envelope without cleaning the stamp.
 Repeat this step with the Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum.

This card used the new In Colors Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum inks with Memento Black ink for the greeting.  
Other supplies used were Whisper White card stock, Big ShotButterfly Thinlits DiesMini Glue DotWhisper White Medium Envelopes

After the Open House I wanted to make a few more cards and thought if the envelope looks this good, how about a 3rd time stamping without re-inking and putting the same image on the inside of the card.  I thought that worked well too.

Here's my first attempt at the card.  I liked how it turned out, but wanted to get the colors closer together, so move the stamp up (for me it was higher than I thought it should be to get the colors to touch). If your colors are not close enough together, you will not be able to stamp off on the envelope and get the fun pattern of the butterfly.
Here's a few of the fun cards and envelopes that were made.  



These In Colors are great by themselves or used together, they are fresh and fun.  

Stampin'Up! has 2 great specials for June!

  • 2 FREE stamps in June! Join Stampin'Up! as a new recruit in June and get 2 free stamp sets in your Starter Kit. That's an added value of up to $104 depending on which stamps you choose. 
  • Extra Stampin' Rewards in June! Earn more FREE this month. For each event a host has with $350 or more in sales, receive $35 in extra Stampin' Rewards

Contact me with any questions.
There are so many ways to enjoy Stampin'Up! Shop, host or join.
Contact me with questions, to order (order online HERE), or join my group!
I would love to stamp with you.

Contact me anytime with questions.  Happy Stamping!
 ~ Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...